OCA-Eastern Virginia Chapter (OCA-EVC) was founded by Dr. Richard Cheng in Virginia Beach, Virginia in 1987 as one of 80 chapters and college affiliates today that embraces the hopes and aspirations of Chinese and Asian Pacific Americans in the United State.
Our Easter Virginia Chapter has strived to bring knowledge and helpful resources to the residents of Hampton Roads and help to build the dialogue with legislators to conserve and protect the quality of life of Asian Americans.
OCA-EVC is non-profit, IRS tax exempt 501(c)3, non-partisan, non-sectarian organization dedicated to bringing programs and services to the community with the following mission in mind:
- To Advocate for social justice, equal opportunity and fair treatment
- To promote civic participation, education and leadership
- To advance coalitions and community building
- To foster cultural heritage
OCA EVC Facts
Year Established: 1987
Headquarters: Virginia Beach, VA.
Territory Coverage: The Eastern Virginia Chapter (EVC) serves the eastern part of Virginia including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg and surrounding areas.
Mailing Address: OCA – Eastern Virginia Chapter, P. O. Box 65408, Virginia Beach, VA 23467
Constitution and Bylaws: The Constitution and The Bylaws
OCA EVC National Awards Received
Open competition among all chapters, based on the performance in the year prior to the corresponding awards.
- Chapter of the Year, 2000
- 1st Place, Communications, 2003
- 1st Place, Economic Development, 2003
- 2nd Place, Community Involvement, 2003